Proper preparation for your energy audit will make the visit from Prism more efficient and effective. Take these steps before Prism arrives at your site:
1. Have your most recent electricity, heating, and water bills available.
2. Prepare a list of areas of concern in the building (examples: lighting, cold rooms or walls, old appliances, drafts, etc.)
3. If you are a renter, check with your landlord. Support from your landlord and other tenants in your building is integral to the success of the project:
- Motivate all tenants in the building to participate in the audit, and allow access to units within the building.
- Ask the landlord to be there during the audits, so that the auditor can deal with the decision maker on retrofit recommendations.